I offer a friendly and professional service, and believe that the key to a portrait is good communication with my customers. When you commission your family or pet portrait I will speak to you by phone, email or messenger to establish exactly how the image will appear and the different options for you. I really want you to be completely satisfied with the end result, and always provide an opportunity for you to view a photo of your portrait once its nearly finished so you can let me know if there’s anything you want me to change. As a result, I have many returning customers.
The commissioning process is as follows;
- Email me your requirements and any photographs.
- I can work from a live sitting or from photographs (most clients have a preference for photographs to be used).
- Media, size, number of subjects, timescales and pricing are agreed.
- 50% deposit is paid with the balance on completion.
- Regular updates of the portrait’s progress are provided.
- Advice regarding framing and delivery costs.
- The finished piece is delivered.
POSTAGE AND PACKING
UK up to and including 16″ x 16″ = £21.10 (Royal Mail Tracked Special Delivery with the addition compensation for loss or damage)
UK up to 24″ x 24″ = £40.00 (UPS courier)
Worldwide up to and including 16″ x 16″ = £40.00 (UPS courier)
Worldwide up to 24″ x 24″ = £50.00 (UPS courier)
Please note that customs charges may apply to international orders, at point of delivery.
- UK DELIVERY: Portraits up to 16″ x 16″ size are usually sent using the Royal Mail’s Next Day Special Delivery service. This is a very reliable, tracked service which I’ve used many years without problems, although just to be on the safe side all portraits are fully insured in the mail. Your parcel will require a signature on delivery, so you may prefer to give me a work address. If you are in the North Staffordshire region you can also collect in person if you’d like to arrange that with me. Very large portraits will be sent via UPS courier.
- OVERSEAS DELIVERY:
- Portraits are sent via UPS courier. Typical prices are shown above, although if you require your portrait very quickly you can opt to pay more for an express delivery.
- WHEN TO PAY:
- For UK and Republic of Ireland customers, payment is not usually required for pencil portraits until you have seen and approved your portrait, except in the case of very large commissions which require a 50% advance deposit. As soon as your full payment has cleared, the portrait will be sent out to you. For paintings a deposit of 35% is payable in advance. You can also buy a gift voucher for someone else. Your portrait’s safe arrival will be fully guaranteed – please read the T&C page for further details.
- PAYMENT METHODS:
- Payment by PayPal or personal cheque to receive the prices listed above. Each page on the website has a price list for each art work type and does not include the cost of framing and posting and packaging.
- Customers paying by PayPal for a finished portrait may use the button above to make a payment (Please wait until you’ve received your portrait and your invoice)
- GUARENTEE & RETURNS POLICY:
- I hope you’ll be completely happy with your portrait and offer a total guarantee – please read the terms and conditions for full details.
- EXTRA PRINTS:
- You can read more about ordering extra prints here. The prices below are examples of possible costs which include postage. GICLEE PRINTS – extra copies of your pencil, acrylic or oil paint portrait. Prices are in GBP (postage and packing costs are included)
10″ x 12″ or 11″ x 11″ size: One copy = £85.00 (for additional copies, add £16.20 each)
Up to 16″ x 23″ size: One copy = £100.00 (for additional copies, add £29.40 each)
For larger sizes please request a custom quote